WHO ARE WE?
63 Malone Road
Belfast BT9 6SA
Tel: 00 44 28 90663080
HPC processes personal data in accordance with our obligations under the EU wide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). We are not required to have a Data Protection Officer so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract
- When it is our legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When you consent to it
WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies do not hold personal information about you, such as your credit card details, your name or your address. They recognise the individual computer, tablet or mobile phone through a secure token, but not you.
We recommend that to continue to enjoy the full functionality of our website that you continue to allow us to employ cookies – most web browsers today come with cookies enabled, but if you choose to disable cookies please follow the instructions below. You should then still be able to navigate most of our site but you may not be able to use some of its functionality depending on what you choose to disable.
Site analytics Cookies (Google Analytics)
These Cookies are used to better understand how customers are using our site so we can improve and optimise to create the best possible experience for users.
List of cookies we collect
The lists below details the cookies we collect and what information they store.
_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options” and click on the “privacy” tab under “settings”. In Internet Explorer 11, you should then select “Advanced”. Edit these settings accordingly for your preferences.
- For Firefox: Choose the menu “Options”, then select “privacy”. Select the relevant options for your cookie preferences under the History section.
- For Google Chrome: Click the Menu/Tools icon (3 dots) on the toolbar and choose “Settings”. Click “Show Advanced Settings” and choose “Content Settings” under the Privacy section. In the “Cookies” section, edit these settings according to your preferences.
- For Safari: Click “Preferences” then “Privacy”. Edit these settings accordingly for your preferences.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Please note that if you choose to disable any or all of the cookies set by this website, some website functionality will no longer be available to you.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us.
Where we collect personal information from:
When you submit your details as part of an online enquiry via our website
When you talk to us on the phone
When you correspond with us by letter or email
When you sign up for our Ezine
When you engage with us about career opportunities
When we engage with you on Workshops
When we engage with you to provide Diagnostics
When we engage with you to provide Coaching
When we engage with you at Events and Conferences
When we participate in Tender opportunities
Information you provide
This may include but is not limited to: your name, email, phone number, job title
How we may use this information
To respond to enquiries
To allow us to provide you with the services you request from us
To fulfil contractual obligations
To send you our Ezine
To invite you to HPC events
To progress recruitment enquiries and/or needs
To progress Tender opportunities
We shall not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose which is not related to the above purposes without your consent.
It is our aim to only hold your data for as long as is necessary during the course of our relationship with you. We shall hold your data for as long as we provide services for you. Where we process data solely based on consent, you are entitled to withdraw this at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. When you give us personal information, we take steps to make sure that it is treated securely. We have extensive security measures in place, in relation to data storage and the devices we use.
Transferring your information outside Europe
Some of our third-party providers may be located outside the EU. Where this is the case we shall take steps to ensure the right security measures are taken so that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
Linking to other websites
Your rights as a data subject
- By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- To submit a request regarding your personal data please contact email@example.com
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
We shall update the date and version number each time it is changed.
22 October 2019/Version 3